Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services of the information society. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his team and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treat the data obtained can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
According to the period of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a Web Page. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion and expire when logging out or closing the browser.
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal so that they are accessed and used in more than one session. They can be accessed and treated for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and it can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, these may be:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a Web Page, platform or Web Page and use the different options or services that exist there, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, website or platform and for the elaboration of user navigation profiles.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
Cookies used on the web
Next, the cookies that are being used in this portal are identified, as well as their typology and function:
The web pages of CLÍNICA MEDICA SANTS SL use Google Analytics, a web access analysis service developed by Google, which allows the measurement and analysis of web page navigation. According to the previous typology, these are own, session and analysis cookies. You can find more information about this and disable the use of these cookies here. Through web analytics, information is obtained regarding the number of users accessing the web, the number of page views, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language , the terminal you use, or the city to which your IP address is assigned. Information that enables a better and more appropriate service by this portal.
The CLÍNICA MEDICA SANTS SL portal also uses its own session identification cookie that is used to maintain the user session in the browser. It is an excepted and technical cookie used to guarantee the correct functioning of the page.
How to modify cookie settings
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from CLÍNICA MEDICA SANTS SL or any other web page, using your browser. In each browser the operation is different, the ‘Help’ function will show you how to do it.
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following: